Quiche Lorraine Muffins
Just like that old B-52 song implies, this mini version will bring back some fun memories of days gone past. Your kids will love these healthy ingredients and might be asking for seconds. You better make more just in case, these don’t stick around on the breakfast table for long. Here what you need:
- 10 Large Fresh eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Low-fat milk
- 1 Cup Spinach (finely chopped)
- 6 Slices Lean bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 Cup Grated Swiss cheese (your favorite brand)
- 2 Tablespoons Green onion (finely diced)
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh parsley (finely diced)
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh basil (finely diced)
- ¼ Teaspoon Flakey sea salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Fresh ground black pepper (your choice)
First preheat your oven to 350F degrees and have your cupcake form ready with paper inserts added.
In a large bowl- add your eggs, milk, and whisk until it’s one color. Now add your bacon, spinach, basil, parsley, green onion, Swiss cheese, salt, and pepper. These need to be mixed together until the mix is uniform.
Now you can add your mixture into the cupcake forms until it’s one-quarter from the top. This allows for the expansion as it bakes. Now it goes to the oven for 20-25 minutes until the egg is fully cooked.
Allow your muffins to cool for 5 minutes before serving. Be sure to use muffin inserts that are silicone coated so this peels off your finished Quiche Lorraine muffin easier.