It’s hard for me to believe it is already April 1st!
We have lots of family and friends’ birthdays, and also “other” special occasions to celebrate this month! That means April will be busy and I am sure it will seem to pass by all too quickly.
I’m not very inventive when it comes to April Fools Day, so your safe with me! The recipe I am sharing with you today is anything but a joke. It’s a really delicious cookie. Have you ever toasted oats? This was my first time trying it, and I love the flavor it added to the cookies. The toasted oats take on a nutty taste, which help to balance out the sweetness from the toffee pieces and the chocolate chips.
Toasted Oatmeal, Toffee, Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Large skillet
- Large bowl
- Large ice cream scoop
- Parchment paper lined cookie sheet
- Cooling rack
- 1 Cup Butter, softened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- ¾ Cup Brown sugar, packed
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking soda
- 1½ Cups Quick oats, toasted*
- 2½ Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Toffee pieces
- 1½ Cups Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
To toast the oats:
- *To toast the oats:Place the oats in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the oats are golden brown. Remove from the heat and let cool.
To make the cookies:
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and stir until well combined. Add in the salt and baking soda. Stir in the toasted oats. Note: if the oats are still warm, refrigerate the dough for 10 minutes before adding the remaining ingredients. Stir in the flour, then add in the toffee pieces and chocolate chips.
- Using a large ice cream scoop, scoop the dough out onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Leave at least 2 inches between each cookie. Bake in a preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are set and the edges are golden brown. Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool for 6 minutes. After 6 minutes, move the cookies onto a cooling rack and let cool completely. Enjoy!