For all of the desserts that I have been making this month, I thought I would go a little healthier with this food holiday. I decided to make Maple Granola. Nick and I like eating granola with our yogurt, and while I like the brand that we buy (Bear Naked), I have always wanted to make my own. This is an easy recipe that you can customize to your own tastes. Use different nuts- or a combination, you could use extra-virgin olive oil (as the original recipe calls for), or you could use different dried fruit!
- Line a rimmed baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Medium-sized mixing bowl
- 3 Cups Rolled oats (also called Old-Fashioned)
- 1 Cup Dried unsweetened coconut chips
- 1 Cup Chopped walnuts
- ⅔ Cup Pure maple syrup
- ⅓ Cup Coconut oil, melted
- ¼ Cup Light brown sugar, packed
- 1 Teaspoon Sea salt
- ¾ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- ⅛ Teaspoon Nutmeg
- ½ Cup Dried cranberries (Craisins)
- ⅓ Cup Raisins
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with silpat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients except the dried cranberries and raisins. Mix until everything is well combined. Spread evenly onto the prepared pan. Bake in a preheated oven for 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. After 40 minutes, add in the cranberries and raisins and bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Enjoy!