Recently I tried my hand at making homemade granola, so I thought the next step should be granola bars. Right? You can either nod your head or roll your eyes. Go ahead- I’ll wait!!!
These granola bars are no bake and are really easy to put together. I made 2 different batches and changed up the flavors a little. This batch has roasted sunflower seeds, raisins, and a little cinnamon. For the 2nd batch I used peanut butter and mini chocolate chips (I’ll be posting that recipe soon). At room temperature, the bars are slightly bendy (pliable might be the better term!), but I like them that way. I have a hard time eating crunchy (hard) granola bars. Feel free to add in whatever you like. Shredded coconut, different nuts, mini Reese pieces (yum), small pretzel pieces. I know that I will be making these for future road trips!!
Cinnamon Raisin No-Bake Granola Bars
- 13 x 9 inch baking pan
- Aluminum foil
- Cooking spray
- Small saucepan
- Sharp knife
- ¼ Cup Butter (1/2 stick)
- ½ Cup Brown sugar, packed
- ⅓ Cup Honey
- ⅛ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 Cups Quick oats
- 1½ Cups Rice krispie cereal
- ¾ Cup Raisins
- ⅓ Cup Roasted sunflower seeds (unsalted)
- Line a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with aluminum foil. Spray the foil with cooking spray, then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, cereal, raisins, and sunflower seeds. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter, brown sugar, and honey. Once the butter has melted, add in the salt and cinnamon. Bring this mixture to a boil while stirring continuously. Once the mixture comes to a boil, remove from the heat and immediately pour over the oat mixture. Stir this until everything is well combined and the oats look coated in the sugar mixture. Transfer the granola to the prepared pan and press evenly and firmly. Note: the mixture may be warm, so be careful. Place the pan in the refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes, to allow the granola bars to firm up. Remove the pan from the refrigerator, lift the aluminum foil from the pan, and cut the bars using a sharp knife. Enjoy!