So, you know that I love chocolate, right? Well, so does my mom! It’s all her fault…I mean- THANKS MOM!!!
We have this
annoying crazy habit of searching out new chocolate items. Chocolate Chex Mix, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites candy (which IMO are gross), Coconut M&M’s…if it’s got chocolate in it or on it, we are buying it!
Recently my mom gave me a box of NEW! Cap’n Crunch’s Chocolatey Crunch cereal. The pieces are so small! I don’t remember Cap’n Crunch being that tiny. Anyways, as I am not a big cereal with milk fan (I prefer to eat it dry), and it doesn’t get eaten very quickly, I decided to bake with it. Yup…pretty much anything can be tossed into cookie dough! Add some peanut butter and…wait for it…CHOCOLATE CHIPS, and you have a pretty good cookie! This combination also works well for many cupcakes, see cupcake ideas here.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cap’n Crunch Cookies
- Cookie sheet
- Large mixing bowl
- Parchment paper
- 8 Tablespoons Butter (1 stick), softened
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Brown sugar
- ½ Cup Creamy peanut butter
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla
- 1½ Cups Flour
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Crushed Chocolatey Crunch cereal + 1/2 cup cereal (not crushed)
- ¼ Cup Mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, brown sugar, and peanut butter. Add in the egg and vanilla and stir to combine. Add in the salt, flour, and 1 cup crushed cereal and mix well. Fold in the 1/2 cup cereal and mini chocolate chips.
- Using a medium-sized ice cream scoop, scoop out the dough onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets, leaving about 3 inches between each cookie. Bake in a preheated oven for 12-13 minutes or until the cookies are set and lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for 8 minutes. After 8 minutes, move cookies onto cooling racks and cool completely. Enjoy!