I like cheesecake, but it isn’t my favorite thing to bake. I haven’t been able to be consistent in not getting cracks in cheesecakes. A water bath works for one, but doesn’t work the next time (that sort of thing!). I’m not giving up though!
However, the other day when I was looking at some cream cheese, thinking that I should make a cheesecake with it, my heart just wasn’t in it. Cheesecake cookies though- that made me smile
And of course there is chocolate in them!!!!
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookies
- Medium-sized bowl
- Medium-sized ice cream scoop
- Parchment paper lined cookie sheet
- Cooling rack
- ¼ Cup Butter, softened
- 1 - 3 Ounce package Cream cheese, softened
- 1 Cup Granulated sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- 1 Cup All-purpose flour
- ½ Cup Mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese. Add in the sugar and the vanilla bean paste and stir until well incorporated. Stir in the flour until fully mixed (the dough will be stiff if mixing by hand). Add in the mini chocolate chips.
- Using a medium-sized ice cream scoop, scoop the dough and place it on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet (leaving about an inch between cookies). Flatten the cookies slightly with the palm of your hand. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 13-15 minutes or until the cookies are set and the edges are lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, move the cookies onto a cooling rack and cool completely. Enjoy!